From duct cleaning to water tank installation, you might find the answer to your heating, ventilation, or air conditioning questions here. If you don’t see a topic represented, don’t worry; we’re always available and happy to answer your HVAC questions.
How often should the system be cleaned?
The industry suggestion is once a year (annually). However, this depends also on the age of the appliance, and how much it was used during the previous season. For example, the older the unit, the more imperative it is to maintain the appliance to stretch the life expectancy of the unit.
How often is duct cleaning suggested?
Every 2 years. More if you or your family members have respiratory problems, such as asthma or allergy to pets and pollens, etc.
How is duct cleaning done?
1. Our vacuum is connected up directly to your furnace in place of the squirrel cage fan. When the vacuum is on, the entire ducting system is under a negative pressure (vacuum), with use of a skipper line (a compressed air line with 200 PSI of compressed air.)
2. An access hole is cut into the supply plenum and the flex duct from the HEPA-AIRE Vacuum inlet is connected to the plenum with a quick-connect attachment collar. The powerful vacuum creates high velocity air movement within the supply ductwork to transport loosened dirt and contaminants out of the ductwork and into the vacuum's filtration/collection system.
3. Each branch is cleaned separately starting with the branch farthest from the vacuum. The register and boot areas are blasted with compressed air using a tool called a skipper, to push any dirt or debris into the branch run.
4.The branches are then cleaned by feeding the forward skipper down each branch run to push dirt and debris forward into the main run.
5. The main duct run is then cleaned. The reverse vacuum along with the skipper are used to dislodge debris accumulated on surfaces. The loosened debris is pulled or pushed toward the HEPA-AIRE Portable Power Vacuum and captured in its multi-stage filtration/collection system. The entire lengths of the branch lines are cleaned giving the ductwork a thorough air wash.
6. Once the supply side of the system has been completely cleaned, the return duct system is cleaned using the same method.
7. The coil, motor and blower and blower compartment are then cleaned.
Does the company clean dryer vents?
Yes we do that too! Cleaning your dryer vent removes lint and other debris that has accumulated over time and allows the dryer to operate to its full potential, as well as decreases the drying time and maximizes the dryer’s overall performance and energy efficiency.
What is the cost for a sales quote?
When inquiring about a new furnace, boiler or heat pump, sales quotes are free of charge and there is no obligation. During the sales quote we will outline the different options for your unique situation and the prices for each option. Our company has been in business since 1976 and you can be reassured that any work that is done will be to your satisfaction.
Do you install hot water tanks?
Yes we install gas, oil and electric hot water tanks. We are also available to install your instantaneous hot water system which is 98% efficient.
Do you clean wood fireplaces?
Yes, we clean wood fireplaces and also wood furnaces. To avoid the risk of chimney fires, we suggest that you have your fireplace and chimney cleaned every one to two years. Our cleaners are WETT Certified (Wood Energy Technical Training) and can do repairs to your chimney as well. Your safety comes first!
Does the company service commercial systems?
Yes, we service and repair all makes and models of commercial applications.